Monday, April 30, 2012

Day 26: Endocrine System Overview



In order to understand Cushing's, a patient must have a solid understanding of the endocrine system.  Today I share with you a very informative site describing the endocrine system.  This site has very cool diagrams; in fact, they are some of the best I've seen.  It includes information I have not seen on any other site that I have found.

The cellular stuff is hard for me to grasp, even after 60 months of living and studying this stuff.  However, I still try to learn.  Don't worry if you can't learn it all either.  For Cushies, learning new information and retaining what we learn or know is one of the most difficult mental tasks we face.  Always just do the best you can.


The Adrenal Glands: where they are and what hormones are made

How the Adrenal Glands Respond to Short-term and Long-term Stress