Saturday, June 20, 2009

BUT YOU DON'T LOOK SICK: The Spoon Theory

You may be dropping by to check on me after my surgery. I am doing well. I'll post more soon.

For now, I want to take a moment to post a story that many Cushing's patients have accepted as their own. We think about spoons and nod our heads in understanding. Even though we didn't author this story, we feel Christine could be writing about our lives.

Please take a few moments to read Christine Miserandino's personal story. It is an eye-opening look into the life of a person with a chronic sickness or disability.

Especially, I want to say thank you to Christine, from all of us out there suffering from a disease that people don't understand.

Read Christine's Spoon Theory here.

I've also posted a Kate's Letter to Friends and Family that may help foster kindness and understanding for Cushing's patients. You can read that previous post on my blog by clicking here

Happy weekend!
~Cushie Melissa