Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day 9 of Cushing's Awareness Challenge: What to Expect

Photo
I have been really struggling mentally and physically with this blogging challenge. The stress has been overwhelming. I just can't manage to pull it all together.
Today, I had help to clean my house (hi Lil), and I cleaned for a portion of the day, too. We started at 8 am. After two hours, I took pain meds. After 6 hours, I was relegated to the couch. By 5 pm, I made a walk-in appointment with my chiropractor. My back had seized up, pulling at my neck and shoulders, with arthritis pain in my ankles and wrists. Yes, today, I had done too much. I fell asleep in bed by 8:30 pm.
So yet again, tonight I write this brief blog on my iPhone in my bed, wishing I had planned ahead for these blog entries yet thankful for the relief of lying instead of sitting.