Friday, July 10, 2009

WISE WORDS WORTH (W)REPEATING

I found this in a stack of papers. I can't find who wrote this? Was it Linda or Kate or MaryO? If you know, please tell me. I want to give the kind soul credit for this piece of advice.


6. You do not to test positive on every single test, or test positive on every type of test, to have Cushing's. There is susbstantial variation in how we present with this disease, and in which tests will identify the excess cortisol in our bodies. DO NOT LET A SINGLE NEGATIVE RESULT ON ANY ONE TEST, OR A NEGATIVE RESULT ON A PARTICULAR TYPE OF TEST, PREVENT YOU FROM AGGRESSIVELY PURSUING A CUSHING'S DIAGNOSIS IF THERE IS STRONG SUSPICION. For example, for an individual to have proven Cushing's without ever having a positive on a ufc or dexamethasone suppression test.


Yes, this applies to me. I never had a high UFC or abnormal dex test.