Saturday, June 20, 2009

FAQ YOU: MELISSA'S MAIL BAG

From Sweet Sue in Houston, through Facebook:
Melissa, if you can see this, hope you are doing okay with good thoughts and prayers your way. Let us know if you need something.

*******

Hi Sue. Thanks for checking on me. You are so sweet. I am doing well. I am trying to write stuff up to post on my Cushing's Moxie blog. I'm trying to get a follow-up email set up, too. People may be wondering how I am, and I don't want them to worry.

I am doing well, better than expected. I have to remind myself though, it is all synthetic. My body is not making cortisol/steroids on its own, and any good feeling now will soon be replaced with severe withdrawal symptoms as they lower my dose of hydrocortisone week by week.

BUT I am happy.
I feel more in control.
Grateful.
Pensive.
Appreciative.
Wistful.
Optimistic to be moving forward.
Happy to be me.
Happy to have my husband, miracle baby, family, and friends.

It's all good. :)

They must have pushed through an extra dose of clarity with my anesthesia last week.

~Cushie Melissa